Lightweight cast aluminum frame
- provides an optimized rigidity balance to maximize handling performance
- frame is very rigid or stiff at the head pipe, engine mounts & swingarm pivot point. In other areas, material is less rigid to allow for "tuned flex"
- benefits include reduced weight, excellent high-speed stability & good cornering characteristics
Extra-long, lightweight cast aluminum swingarm
- great torsional rigidity for excellent handling & manoeuvrability
- distance between the swingarm pivot & rear axle has been optimized (662.5mm) for great rear wheel traction & control
- threaded holes for accessory racing type rear stand
Detachable C.F. die cast aluminum rear sub frame
- easier maintenance access for rear shock
- less costly repair if the unit is "looped out"
Fully adjustable, conventional 52mm front fork with 120mm (4.7") of wheel travel.
- adjustments include; 5-way spring preload, 20-way compression & 17-way rebound damping
- inner tubes feature a oxide titanium coating to reduce friction & wear
- adjustable design allows the rider to tailor suspension settings to match rider's weight, load & road conditions
Lightweight, aluminum triple clamps.
Fully adjustable link Monocross rear suspension with 110 mm (4.3") of wheel travel
- remote reservoir rear shock to keep shock oil cool.
- adjustments include; 11-way spring preload (via easy access remote adjuster), 12-way compression damping & 18-way rebound damping
15-litre fluorinated polyethylene fuel tank.
- mounted below the rider's seat to centralize mass & maintain a low centre of gravity for good maneuverability & handling
- in tank electric fuel pump
- 3.9 litre reserve capacity (low fuel light illuminates)
ABS equipped, dual floating 320mm wave-style front rotors squeezed by radial mount, monoblock 6-piston calipers.
- excellent braking performance with good control & lever feedback
- wave disc design reduces weight & improves cooling (increased surface area)
- radial mount design helps to reduce caliper distortion for improved braking performance
- Brembo radial pump master cylinder with a 16mm piston
- brake lever is adjustable for various hand sizes
ABS equipped, 298mm wave-style rear disc is squeezed by a single-piston slide-type caliper
- caliper is mounted below the swingarm for a handling enhancing lower centre of gravity
- sintered metal brake pads
- 14mm Brembo master cylinder
Anti-lock braking system features Yamaha's latest ABS system, very similar to that found on the FJR1300. The linear controlled 3-position ABS system features an ECU with an integrated compact hydraulic unit built into the ECU. System also uses active type wheel sensors.
- ABS system helps to prevents wheel lock-up
- main benefit of ABS is excellent control under hard braking or braking on wet or slippery surfaces
- benefits include; reduced weight & mass centralization for lighter handling
Lightweight cast aluminum 5-spoke mag wheels front & rear.
- both wheels utilize hollow "spokes" to reduce unsprung weight for superior handling & suspension performance
- front rim is 3.50 x 18 , rear is 6.00 x 18... both use radial tires
Conventional tapered 11⁄8" diameter low rise handlebar.
- Conventional design makes it easier to change handlebar bend
Multi-function handlebar mounted meter / instrument
- functions include; analog tachometer & digital speedo
- adjustable shift indicator light
Multi-function fuel tank mounted meter / instrument
- second dual mode, multi-function display is located on top of the "fuel tank" and uses a highly visible 256 x 64 dot matrix "Organic Electro Luminescence display"
- read outs include; odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kms since low fuel light illuminated), clock, coolant temp, gear indicator, throttle valve opening, intake air temp, stop watch, countdown clock & maintenance counters.
- adjustable background illumination
Bright, H4 60/55-watt, halogen headlight
Eye-catching LED tail light
Immobilizer ignition system is designed to reduce the possibility of "ride away" theft.
- system must recognize the "coded ignition key" in order for the unit to start
- if the immobilizer ignition does not recognize the key, the ignition system & starter will not function, even if the ignition is forced into the on position