Blacked out, 942cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valve per cylinder, fuel injected, 60° V-twin power plant pumps out impressive power & torque. Maximum torque is reached at 3,000 rpms, for relaxed cruising performance.
SOHC, pent-roof, 4-valve cylinder heads.
- 4-valve design optimizes breathing efficiency & overall engine performance at all rpms
- 31.5 mm intake & 28 mm exhaust valves use friction reducing single valve springs
- compact pent roof combustion chamber design & optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber for more complete combustion & excellent power with reduced emissions
- 25,000 km valve adjustment intervals
Specially designed roller rockers activate the valves.
- Y shaped roller rocker arms allows a greater amount of valve lift without causing excessive camshaft wear & friction
- slipper portion of the rocker arm utilizes a needle bearing for reduced camshaft wear & reduced sliding resistance (friction)
No fuss, traditional air-cooled engine design.
- cylinders have a tapered "V" appearance to highlight the V-twin engine design
- cooling fins have been optimized for reliable cooling even in stop & go traffic
Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce mechanical noise & simplify maintenance.
"Liner-less", ceramic composite-plated cylinder bores.
- ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum blocks, eliminating the liners & reducing weight
- excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
- ceramic coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
- extended cylinder service life
Flat top, lightweight forged aluminum pistons.
- less reciprocating mass for fast engine response
- reduced mechanical vibration for excellent reliability
Single pin style crankshaft.
- design accentuates V-twin engine character, pulse feel & sound
Wet sump lubrication system with easy access, spin on oil filter & drain plug for easy oil changes.
Classic side mounted 2.3 litre air box houses an easy access, a high-flow viscous paper-type filter.
"Closed loop", dual bore, 35 mm throttle body fuel injection system with linear throttle response for easy riding.
- system uses throttle position sensor (TPS) to help optimize intake air flow & power
- ISC or idle speed controller ensures a steady idle
- 4 - hole injectors optimize fuel atomization & feature a dual spray pattern for more complete combustion chamber filling
- "closed loop system" uses an oxygen sensor to "sniff" spent exhaust & automatically adjust the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions
- oxygen sensor is located before the mufflers, so the use of aftermarket "slip-on" mufflers will not affect the closed loop system
- fuel injection benefits include; excellent throttle response, choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission.
- optimized gear ratios match engine power for strong acceleration
- 5th gear offers reduced engine rpms at highway speeds
- clutch is an "outer pull" design for light, easy lever effort
Special narrow design belt drive final drive.
- narrow 21 mm wide belt design
- cleaner & quieter than chain drive... no messy chain splatter
- low maintenance... no regular adjustments or lubrication required
- belt drive system simplifies customization
Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
2 into 1 exhaust system.
- large diameter header pipes for maximum flow
- dual stage muffler produces a low, throaty V-Twin growl
- heat shields protect rider & passenger from hot components
- 3-way honeycomb catalyzer reduces harmful exhaust emissions
Air Injection System injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel, further reducing exhaust emissions.