249cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 60 degree, V-twin.
- authentic, air-cooled V-Twin engine design
- long stroke engine design means lots of low end torque
- very linear, novice friendly power delivery
SOHC, 2-valve cylinder heads.
- tradition & simple 2- valve design
- basic rocker arm valve actuation... simple design that is easy to maintain / adjust
- chromed head covers add style
Air-cooled engine design.
- excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
- cooling fins have been designed for good cooling even in stop & go traffic
- simple, classic design
Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce mechanical noise & simplify maintenance.
Traditional "bore-able" cylinder.
- in the event of an issue, cylinder can be over bored
Forged aluminum pistons.
- less reciprocating mass for fast engine response
- reduced mechanical vibration for excellent reliability
Single pin style crankshaft.
- design accentuates V-twin engine character, pulse feel & sound
Wet sump lubrication system with easy access element type oil filter.
Single Mikuni BDS26 carb.
- featuring an accelerator pump for crisp throttle response
- convenient handle bar mounted choke lever
- excellent fuel economy
Classic, chromed air box
- houses an easy access, washable (re-useable) foam air filter
- washable design reduces tune-up costs
- ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery
- 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at higher speeds
- light, easy clutch lever pull
Chain drive, final drive.
- chain drive provides the most efficient transfer of power (Vs. shaft drive systems)
Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
Shorty, 2 into 2 exhaust system.
- short design, chromed, shot gun style mufflers produce a low, throaty V-Twin growl
- heat shields protect rider & passenger from hot components
Air Injection System injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel, reducing exhaust emissions.